Buying a carbon offset is like donating funds to one of our tree-planting programs.
- Each offset unit equates to 1 ton of CO2e neutralized from the environment.
- To ensure that the same offset can’t be sold twice, a record of each offset unit is maintained on an internal registry.
- The Emissions Reduction Fund established criteria and standards are followed in our initiatives.
- Our projects are implemented, and carbon sequestration is measured using industry best practices.
- We work hard to make sure that our initiatives are maintained using the most up-to-date ecological restoration techniques.
- The calculations are made on the basis of the average size of a household having 2.6 people.
- Emissions through grocery, dining out, as well as take-away, are included.